Security Officer II
Full Time/Part Time position
Swing, Graveyard and Weekends shifts available
JOB DUTY DESCRIPTION
Stationary foot patrol and rover vehicle patrol needed. Transportation construction project for government client. Project completion 2021.
Beverly Hills/Los Angeles CA
- Guard must be fully literate in the English language(i.e. able to read, write, speak and understand clearly); capable of properly writing reports and maintaining a daily activity log when required; and oral command of English sufficient to permit effective communication even i times of stress.
- Guard must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to enforce facility rules while minimizing conflict. Guard needs to be able to deal with difficult people.
- Guard must inform supervisor and vendor immediately of any scheduling conflicts 48 hours prior to their shift
- Guard must perform foot patrol and stationary observation of Parking lot and Special Event venues.
- Watch for irregular or suspicious conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- An assertive and protective security presence
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as trespassing, loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden items
- Enforce the rules of the clients property
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances/exits
- Observe and report accidents, incidents, suspicious activities and violations to designated staff or personnel
- Provide assistance when needed to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Valid drivers license and good drivng record for rover position
The work requires frequent and prolonged walking,standing, sitting,bend and some running. Accordingly, physical stamina in all its forms (mental, climate -related, etc). Any individual, who cannot meet these requirements of this position, including inability discovered through on-the-job performance, will not be qualified to work at this location.
Minimum Requirements (At least one of the following)
- Two years of full-time paid experience as a security guard, crowd control staff, officer, law enforcement officer, correctional officer, traffic officer, park ranger, firefighter or Police cadet/student worker local city department or equivalent military experience
- Completion of 2 years or 24 semester units from recognized accredited college or university, half of those credits must be in criminal justice or behavioral science
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must possess a valid Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
- Must have a California Driver’s License and an insured vehicle or reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Must be able to pass a background check
- CPR/ First Aid is strongly desired
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is highly desired.
- Some positions may require a valid California driver’s license.
- Be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
- 10 panel drug screen
- Applicants who lack six months or less of the required experience may file for this position. However, they cannot be appointed until the full experience requirement is met.
Servexo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minority/Female/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Veteran friendly employer as well as an Alcohol-Drug Free Workplace